Ethics & Compliance Officer for Central Eastern Europe
Job profile summary:
Ethics & Compliance Officer will be the primary advisor for and liaison to Covetrus businesses in the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, and Romania.This role will also operate as a legal counsel for Covetrus business in the Czech and Slovakia to make sure all processes and procedures comply with the law and also internal standards. We expect our new colleague to be ideally based in Brno, but we are also open to hybrid remote work (homeoffice combined with company’s office).
Job description and key responsibilities
Aligned to compliance:
- Conduct periodic compliance assessments and risk-based compliance monitoring in the CEE region to ensure continued compliance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Draft, implement, maintain or update relevant regional and local compliance policies, procedures, guidance and other related documents.
- Regularly assess ethics and compliance risks across our CEE businesses.
- Conduct in-person and web-based compliance trainings for employees.
- Review and adjudicate all requests for policy exceptions in the CEE region.
- Provide day-to-day compliance guidance and advice to senior management and other teams across CEE.
- Liaise with outside compliance counsel as needed.
- The individual may also handle responsibilities related to people and process management.
Aligned to legal:
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts, e. g. purchase, distribution and service contracts, IT contracts, terms and conditions, data privacy agreements for the Czech and Slovakian business.
- Support with corporate housekeeping tasks.
- Support HR with Czech employment legal advice.
- Assist with other regional legal projects as directed by the CEE legal counsel.
- Liaise with outside counsel as needed.
- Qualified lawyer in the Czech Republic or Slovakia, excellent academic credentials, international LL.M. is a plus.
- Substantial relevant experience with the law firm or in-house legal or compliance department of an international company – 5 or more years. Experience from company focused on animal health, pharma industry or wholesale can be a big advantage
- Significant exposure to sophisticated commercial, employment, competition, and corporate law as well as GDPR matters.
- Fluency in Czech and English is needed - oral and written. Other language skills in another European language is an advantage.
- Ability to travel regionally is needed.
- Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, presentation, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to process a high volume of work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of business systems such as MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Zoom, Teams or SharePoint.
- Great opportunity to support directly the expansion of the company that is already well established, but the best years are yet to come.
- Your job will be challenging but fulfilling and will definitely extend your comfort zone.
- And something extra: flexible working hours, 25 days of vacation, paid time off on your birthday, hybrid model (office vs home-office), company events (barbecue, Christmas party), meal vouchers, discounts on company products, discounts with our partners (mobile operator, banks, car manufacturers), free flu vaccination once a year, extra bonuses on wedding or birth of a child, tasty and unlimited coffee at the office :)
Start a new journey with us!
Send your CV or LinkedIn link. At the same time, "throw in" a few points about yourself that your CV won't reveal. We are looking forward to it!
Tereza Ptáčková, HR Business Partner
Adresa: Palackého třída 163, Brno, 612 00